One of our favorite day-trips in Interlaken! Discover the view of the crystal clear water of the Lake Brienz, and the incredible view of more than 650 peaks around the Top of the Brienzer Rothorn. The historical Steam Locomotive at the Brienzer Rothorn starts operating in 1892, and takes about one hour from Brienz to the top. From the Top of the Brienzer Rothorn, you can extend your day trip to Sörenberg, located at the UNESCO Biosphere Entlebuch Region.
How to get to the Brienzer Rothorn
We arrived from Lucerne by car. Plan your trip by train/boat arriving at Brienz Station. Depending on where you are traveling from, you may have to go to Bern to catch the regional BLS train to Brienz.
Good to know
– Freeride on to the Top of the Brienzer Rothorn on birthdays!
– Full moon dinner
– 1º August special (Swiss National Day)
– Rothorn night offer, including overnight at the Berghaus Alpine Lodge
– The Regional Passes Tell Pass Central Switzerland / Berner Oberland Pass are valid for the Brienzer Rothorn and Sörenberg.
– Guest Card Brienz offers a 20% discount.
– Adult Brienz/Rothorn round-trip Fr.92.- (Fr.46.- half-fare)
– Children 6-15 Years-Old Fr.10.- (Junior Card free of charge)
– Adult Brienz/Rothorn/Sörenberg Fr.125.50- (Fr.62.75- half-fare)
– Children 6-15 Years-Old Fr.28.50-
– Hiking tickets available for Fr.77.- (Fr.38.50- half-fare)
We did these day-trips on two different days, here are some things to do in Sörenberg Entlebuch Luzern.
– Mooraculum Park
– Sonnentauweg (Family Trail)
– Rodelbahn Rischli
Brienz Rothorn Bahn AG
Hauptstrasse 149c/P.O Box
Tel. +41 (0)33 952 22 22 Railway/Reservation
Tel. +41 (0)33 952 22 11 Business services
Luftseilbahn Brienzer Rothorn
Tel. +41 (0)41488 15 60
Thanks for reading!! Discover Switzerland travel tips, hidden gems, and outdoor adventures with a Lucerne-based family! 🙂